im starting a business!
i figured out what to do with all my creative energy
in a way connected deeply to survival and reality and making money make money
but also i can keep my soul and do what i want to do
i am making a space for people like me who have a lot of creative talent but haven't had a place to get their shit out yet
so here is the deal folks
i have the money now, in the next month or 2 i am renting out a loft which will be my
1. art gallery (fashion, design, graphics, visual, paints, drawing etc)
2. rentable recording studio for all bands who need it and need it cheap.
3. promotional area to have shows and get the word out
4. CHILL OUT SPOT for after the great art shows we will all go to
we can come back to my gallery/loft and drink a 40 and talk about art.
here is what i want from you all my favorite geniuses and geniuses to be:
send me your art. i don't need any money. i got that taken care of. you invest some of your art, and i promote it and help your art pay for you. but it is BY ARTISTS FOR ARTISTS. and honestly it may just crash and burn. it probably will.
but this is the real deal homies and lady sauces
anyone who has any words of wisdom who has gone through similar i would love to hear what you have to say.
this is my first stab at the big time. LET ME PIMP YOUR ART FOR YOU AND I WILL MAKE IT PAY OFF CULTURALLY AND MONETARILY (though not nearly as much monetarily. who gives a shit about that when you got food in your belly, a roof over your head, health insurance, and A PHAT FUCKING FRESH CANVAS.
send me your portfolios, visual, musical, sculpture, whatever. we will work together on figuring out what will sell and what will not.
the thing that i have to offer is taste, moral support, and a space.
GIVE ME YOUR ART!
things i am looking for:
1. abstract yet complex, inspired by nature or machines, or some sort of subconscious melting pot of ideas
2. mad crazy eclectic mixed media on the verge of insanity
1. electronic break apart glitch, some funky beats, found sound mishmash, electronic robot with a heart beat emo shit
2. broken folk, art kid speaking his own personal language because nobody understands his or her verbal shit properly. people singing! people stomping! people lettin' it all hang out
basically 2 sides of the same coin.
what is the stuff you have the most personal investment in, that you think other people may not understand? lets share the cultural gems, and all collectively pee in the pool with our personal (yet very sterile and polite) urine of creativity and make the whole mutha warmer and more conducive to what we all really want to do.
this is a heavy order, but.... im not messing around anymore.
as soon as this money drops for me (next month or 2, i already have investors if i can secure an awesome portfolio of artists)
im gonna invest my entire life into it. because frankly, its what im already doing. im just gonna have food to eat now and bills to pay.
probably name of the gallery/art space/recording studio/living area of mine:
orobouros art inc.
for the snake that swallows it's own tail, for the levels of depth in our every day existence that we can choose to pass by orrrr
we can choose to learn from and teach each other and also hang out at my place and talk art!!
so yes this message seems a bit manic (it is)
and i seem a little scatter brained (i am in general)
but i got a PLAN foo
and now i got some $$$$$$$
lets make it happen!